This quinoa salad is refreshing and exciting and a great source of high-quality plant-based protein! Enjoy it for lunch, as a side for dinner, at barbecues or picnics! It’s the perfect summer salad or a boost of sunshine in the winter.
Quinoa summer salad
- 1 cup White quinoa
- 400g Chickpeas (soaked)
- 7-9 Sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- 60g Baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tbs White vinegar
- 1 Lime juice
- 1 Lemon juice
- Pinch sea-salt
- Place 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a saucepan on the hotplate (I usually boil the water first using the kettle as it’s faster). Allow to boil and then drop temperature to a light simmer. Stir occasionally. Quinoa should become light and fluffy and suck up all moisture.
- Once quinoa is cooked, place it in the fridge to cool. Start preparing other ingredients.
- Rinse chickpeas under fresh clean water and place in bowl.
- Rinse mint leaves, dry and tear into smaller parts. Add to bowl.
- Add cooled quinoa.
- Next add washed baby spinach, tear any large spinach leaves in half, add juice of 1 lime and lemon, olive oil, white vinegar and sea-salt.
- Stir through and serve! Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Did you make this salad?
I’d love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to post a comment and post an image on Instagram with the hashtag #cocoaandbliss x x