This homemade granola slice is delicious and simple to make. Frequently I make it at the beginning of the week and it provides a simple breakfast or morning snack for those busy mornings. With this granola slice in your fridge, there are no excuses to miss breakfast.
It’s also packed full of healthy oats and seeds, providing fibre and omega-3 fatty acids, without the huge volumes of sugar found in conventional muesli bars.
Note: If you don’t have access to or simply aren’t a fan of Carmen’s gluten-free muesli, you can replace it with more oats to make up the 2 cups or an alternative muesli of your choice. I’ve also used puffed rice and this works wonders. Changing up the type of honey or using peanut butter can alter the flavour. I absolutely recommend raw honey and ABC or Almond butter for the most tasty slice.
Breakfast granola slice
- 1¼ cup Rolled whole oats
- ¾ cup Carmen’s deluxe gluten-free muesli
- ½ cup Almond meal
- ½ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup Shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (75g) Sultanas
- 1 tbs Linseeds
- 1 tbs Chia seeds
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Egg (whisked)
- ¼ (60g) ABC butter (or Almond butter)
- 50ml Melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup or 3 heaped tbs Raw honey
- Line an 11 x 7-inch baking tray. Use some coconut oil for grip. And preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan force).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg thoroughly until fluffy.
- Add the oats, Carmen’s muesli, almond meal, seeds, spices and sea salt.
- Add the wet ingredients (coconut oil, honey and ABC spread)
- Combine all ingredients using a hand mixer with dough hooks. Alternatively you may use a food processor or wooden spoon. I usually combine the use of the hand mixer and wooden spoon. The ingredients should be wet through. If not, add some more coconut oil and honey.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tray. Use a spoon to even the mixture and press down firmly.
- Bake for 14 minutes in oven or until turning slightly golden on edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, cut into 8-10 slice pieces. You may prefer to cut it when in the tray. As the mixture is not sealed yet, any pieces that fragment off you can press down.
- Keep slice stored in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to post a comment and an image on Instagram x x