I absolutely adore creative and delicious salads. The medley of flavours that come together in a salad make healthy eating EXCITING and enjoyable. Once you start exploring and creating more and more salads like this one, you may even begin to crave salads! I truly hope you enjoy this one and please leave some feedback in the comments below or connect through Facebook and Instagram using #movingnutrition #jtnourish
Mexican shred salad
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tbs olive oil
- ½ corn cob, husk & silk removed
- 3 mini (baby) capsicums, sliced
- 2 spring onions, green part only, sliced
- 4 mini kumato tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cos or iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs tasty cheese, grated
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
- Measure out the cumin and coriander spices into a bowl. Completely coat the chicken breast in the spices, rubbing the spice mix into all the grooves.
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Place the chicken breast onto the frypan and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Use a cover to keep all the moisture in and speed up the cooking process.
- Place the corn cob in a pot of warm water. Bring to the boil and cook for around 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool before removing the kernals. Use a sharp knife to remove the kernals, cutting length wise, close to the core.
- While the chicken and corn are cooking, mix up the avocado cream by placing all ingredients in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado and stir the ingredients together.
- Once the chicken is cooked, set aside for 10-15 minutes. Shred the chicken using a fork.
- To serve, place the corn, chicken and all other salad ingredients into two bowls. Toss to combine and then top with a generous dollop of the avocado cream.