Porridge is one of my “go-to” easy, wholesome breakfasts. It is incredibly versatile and should never be boring! I hope you enjoy this coconut porridge.
Check out this article for why oats are incredibly nutritious?
Creamy Coconut Porridge
- ⅓ cup Rolled oats
- ¼ cup Quinoa flakes
- 1 cup Filtered water
- 5 tbs (75ml) Coconut milk
- 1 tbs Shredded coconut
- 1 tbs White chia seeds
- Sliced coconut, toasted (optional)
- Simply add oats, quinoa flakes, H2O and coconut milk to a small saucepan.
- Stir frequently and cook until a creamy consistency (5-10 mins)
- Turn off heat. Add shredded coconut and chia seeds, whilst still in the saucepan. Stir through. The porridge will continue to thicken off the heat and when it absorbs the chia seeds. If you prefer a runnier consistency, simply add some more H2O.
- Lastly, pour into a bowl, add your toppings and enjoy!