Enter spring with this colourful quinoa salad. It combines the comforting creaminess of peanut butter and the zestfulness of lime that remind me of summer cocktails. It also has plenty of raw vegetables. Make this salad for a busy week ahead. Enjoy for lunch, as a snack, or a side. Take along to friends or loved ones, as this way of using quinoa is sure to impress.
Serve with a side of lime. Or for coriander lovers, add a tad into the mix.
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 500 grams vegetable stock
- 1 cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 limes, juice
- 2 heaped tbs peanut butter (either crunchy or smooth)
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Lime slices
- Coriander (optional; see notes)
- Add quinoa and vegetable stock to a saucepan. Cook until moisture is absorbed and quinoa soft. Set aside to cool.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking, chop all vegetables (cabbage, carrot, spring onion) and prepare dressing. Add vegetables to a large salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, add juice of two limes, peanut butter, honey and sesame oil. Whisk to combine.
- Once cooled, add the dressing mixture to the quinoa. Stir through to combine.
- Lastly, add the quinoa to the salad bowl and stir through to combine.
- When serving, sprinkle with some peanuts and add an optional side of lime.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I love hearing about your creations. Please leave a comment, rate this recipe or use the hashtags #cocoaandbliss or #jtnourish so we can connect.