These peanut butter almond biscuits are divine! They have a crunchy outside with a chewy inside. And are gluten-free.
- 1 cup Almond meal
- ⅓ cup Desiccated coconut
- 2 heaped tsp Peanut butter
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Filtered water
- 2 Egg whites, whipped
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 12 Almonds, crushed
- ½-1 tbs Desiccated coconut
- Drop of water
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan-forced) and line a large cookie tray with baking paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla essence, peanut butter and filtered water to dry ingredients, stir through.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk 2 egg whites until white and fluffy.
- Add egg whites to mixture. Using a beater, beat on high to combine.
- Spoon onto baking tray in small circles. Cookies retain most of their shape with baking 🙂
- For topping, add 12 almonds and approx. ½-1 tbs desiccated coconut with a drop of water into a food processor. Combine, then add to the top of the cookies.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to post a comment and post an image on Instagram with the hashtag #cocoaandbliss x x